Monday, July 26, 2010

What an experience

Well after being home for a week I think I'm readjusted. I said it many times on the trip and I'll say it again, I am really glad I decided to go on this trip! What an experience!! Saw lots of things and ate lots of things...some good, some not so good. Can honestly say I don't think I'll ever have duck again. Think I gave my muscles the biggest workout ever climbing the stairs of the Great Wall!! Gotta say though, I miss the bargaining while shopping :)

2 comments:

brenda said...

Alycia..I cannot wait to have duck again! I loved it! Funny, when I returned to the states after my sidetrip to Shanghai, I spent a couple of days in NYC. I actually went to Chinatown and found a restaurant that was serving Peking duck. It was just as good at this tiny restuarant in NY as it was in the Peking Duck restaurant in China...In the past, I would always shy away from duck for my dislike of it..guess you just need the right people cooking it to make it fantastic...

Chris Steinke said...

The first time I ever had duck was in China. I must say it was much much better than anticipated. It did not have a game taste to it like others described duck to be. I tend to think it is similar to venison, it is all in how you prepare and cook it.