Saturday, June 17, 2017

Ciao Venezia

This is my third trip to Venice and by far my favorite! I have always enjoyed the architecture and marveled at the history and the engineering of this city...but I suppose I had only skirted around the edges trying to avoid the masses of people.  What a difference a good tour guide makes! Thanks to the fantastic stories and history of the city as told by our guide Monika, the Venice came alive.

From the Doge's Palace and the Basilica, to the colorful islands of Murano and Burano, the past two days were filled with the rich history of this ancient island. And of course the added benefit was enjoying the cuisine and culture with the cohort!  Pizza, pasta, Prosciutto di Parma and Prosecco were the staples.  And, of course, the trip would not be complete without gelato and cappuccino.

For the first time - I am leaving Venice with an intention to return and to continue exploring the many wonders of Venezia!

No comments: